14th Symposium on Advanced Space Technologies in
Robotics and Automation
Scheltema, Leiden, the Netherlands
We hereby announce that the 15th edition of the ASTRA Conference will held a workshop on the topic of ‘Robot Control Operating System’ (RCOS) and will be chaired and led by the ESROCOS project consortium. This workshop follows on the topic of the RCOS Forum held in the 13th edition of ASTRA and the SARGON workshop held in ESTEC on July 2016. The workshop will run on a parallel session of the Conference for the full morning of the 21st of June. The workshop is open to all attendees of the ASTRA conference.
The purpose of the workshop is to present and discuss the approach and developments done under the ESROCOS project (EU-funded within the H2020-PERASPERA programme) and invite the community to participate in and steer such key activity for the future of space robotics applications.
For a more detailed information on the topic of the workshop please visit the project website where you can find a list of objectives.
The workshop will be comprised by a set of presentations and open discussion. The specific agenda for the workshop and list of presentations will be added shortly.
Confirmed presentations (preliminary):
- Kilian Hoeflinger (DLR): ESROCOS in Context of DLR’s Reconfigurable High-performance Platform for Space Missions
- Nikolaos Tsiogkas (Intermodalics): Integrating ROS open-source robotics software framework in ESROCOS
- Malte Wirkus (DFKI): ESROCOS Component Development Workflow
- Herman Bruyninckx (KUL): Formal models of a space-grade robot motion software stack
- Jorge Ocón (GMV): The Space Automation and Robotics General Controller (SARGON)
WHEN: June 21, from 9:00am to 11:00 AM